Trouble with rent or utility payments?
Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership (MBHP) may be able to help. The RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) is designed to help families with children under 18 avoid housing crises, such as eviction or termination of utility service by a utility company. Those families must meet additional conditions set by MBHP.
I didn’t know about CONNECT until my house was burning down. Matt called me when I was in the hotel. He called and explained that there was help available. He was in touch with me everyday.
CONNECT offers two workshops to help clients who are interested in changing their housing situation.
Apartment Search Workshops are offered once per month through Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership (MBHP). They teach clients about resources and tools they can use to find available apartments, as well the rights and responsibilities of tenants.
Affordable Housing Workshops give an overview of affordable housing options and the application and approval processes.
Buying a House
Purchasing a home has long been the American Dream, but achieving this dream can sometimes be a difficult process without the right resources. Luckily, the right resources are at CONNECT!
CONNECT’s financial coaching program works with individuals who are motivated to achieve their financial goals, including owning a home. A personal financial coach can help:
- Budget and Save money – Buying a home requires saving money for a down payment, often between 3-20% of the total purchase price of the property. Working with a financial coach can help clients figure out a savings plan that helps reach goals as well as figuring out how to smoothly incorporate new mortgage payments into monthly plan
- Improve credit – Obtaining a mortgage with low interest rates requires having a good credit score, but many times understanding credit is far from easy. Working with a credit counselor at CONNECT can help with understanding credit scores and working to improve it.
- Debt repayment – Part of obtaining a mortgage and improving credit is helping figure out the best way to manage and pay down existing debt to make the dream of homeownership a reality!
Resolving a difficult housing situation? Looking for housing options? A Housing Specialist from Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership can provide counseling to help the figure out what options resources are available.
The following housing services are available through counseling:
- One-on-one apartment search assistance
- Advice on budgeting
- Public housing application assistance
- Section 8 recertification (by appointment only)
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) – a state-funded program which prevents homelessness by providing funds and support necessary to allow low-income families to stay housed or move into their next homes.
Is your organization investing in cross-sector work? We would love to speak with you about how you can reach your full potential.