With the economy as poor as it’s been in recent years, it’s easy to find excuses for our poor financial situation. However, we each have within us the power to take control of our finances! At CONNECT, you can find a wide range of services that will help you feel confident in managing your money and being in control of your finances
Financial Health Workshops: CONNECT offers a rotation of workshops on useful financial topics. TND can help you get the skills you need to make informed decisions regarding your money. Do you what accounts financial institutions offer? Are you aware of the high cost of credit card debt? Is your credit history in rough shape? Are you spending your money wisely? These are some of the questions you can have answered in our Financial Health series.
It’s good to put your financial health in order, because if you don’t have it in order, you’re not in order.
- Money Management and Budgeting: Track household expenses and create a budget to reach your financial goals.
- Banks and other financial institutions: Learn about innovative services offered by financial institutions, and how to use them to make the most of your money.
- Credit: Request and review your credit report and be an active participant in establishing and monitoring your credit.
- Taxes and Public Benefits: Learn the ins and outs of your taxes, and take advantage of every credit and deduction.
- Saving and Investing: Make your money work for you!
- Consumer rights and predatory lending: Don’t be taken advantage of by misleading marketing schemes.
- One-on –one help: CONNECT’s Financial Coaches are here to help you understand your finances on a deeper level and are committed to helping you achieve your financial goals. Coaching can help you with a wide range of services, including:
- Paying down debt
- Budgeting your money
- Developing a savings plan
- Improving your credit
- Increasing your income
Is your organization investing in cross-sector work? We would love to speak with you about how you can reach your full potential.